Monday, June 27, 2011

My Inspiration-- My Family


My family is definitely the ideal family we see in movies with happily-ever-after endings. It’s not perfect, but I daresay that I’m really contented and pretty much very satisfied with it.
Like most people, I have my mom and dad, an elder sister and two younger brothers. My mom’s a headteacher and my dad is a civil engineer. Both of them manage a small family business. My elder sister is currently studying law after getting her college degree. She finished a Bachelor's degree in Political Science.  I have a brother who is now taking up medicine as his second course after finishing his bachelor's degree (Bachelor of Science in General Biology), and the youngest among us is still in pre-school. Having a little kid for a brother at my age is really awesome, don’t you think?

My mom is some kind of a disciplinarian mother; she’s like the school principal of the family. She’s really busy, and she always brings sweets or fruits or some food delicacy for us when she comes home. It’s kind of traditional in Filipino families for the mother to bring home some stuffs like that. She’s really kind, but she could be a nagger too. I guess that’s a common trait that most moms share. :)

But if my mom is the school principal, then my dad is the school administrator, or the dean of the college. He’s really easy-going most of the times, but when he issues a command we all have to follow it. We adore our dad because he’s like a really close pal. It’s like we don’t have any generation gap because when we talk he usually just listen and laugh with us as we share with him our experiences and little adventures.

My family is pretty much an ordinary one, but we probably have a closer relationship than some families have. We do have our own share of troubles and problems; we sometimes get into fights and squabbles but it always smooths out in the end.

Being a family means being strongly bonded by blood and affection, the kind of bond that can never be severed. That’s the reason why my family story doesn’t end in happy ever after. That’s because I never want it to end.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment